Federer wins 10th straight match

Roger Federer cruised in BNP Paribas Open Sunday evening, dismissing wild card Denis Kudla 6-4, 6-1 on Stadium Court in Indian Wells.

Federer capitalized on five of his six break opportunities, winning 70 per cent of his second serve return points to prevail over the American in just 57 minutes.

"I'm always relieved and happy when I am able to find my way into a tournament," Federer said. "So it's a good start for me. I didn't know Kudla very much, or at all, really, so it was a good win for me. I'm looking forward to what's next."

The Swiss is a three-time titlist at the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event (2004-2006), and is looking to win his third straight title after defeating Juan Martin del Potro in Rotterdam and topping Andy Murray in Dubai. Riding a 10-match win streak, Federer will square off against Milos Raonic in the third round.

"I have seen a little bit of him against Hewitt this year at the Australian Open, and he's obviously a good player that's up and coming," said Federer. "He just had a great run in the American hard courts, early in the season. So this is sort of the same area of the world, similar surface, and I expect it to be a very tough match."

Date: 12.03.2012, Source: ATP

0 comments:

Post a Comment