Federer: "Right where I want to be"

Roger Federer is healthy and ready to begin his quest for a 17th major title at Roland Garros. Federer has won an ATP World Tour leading four trophies this season heading into Paris, including his 20th ATP World Tour Masters 1000 crown in Madrid.

“I feel really good. Much less problems than I had through Madrid and Rome,” said Federer. “I took three days off after the Djokovic match from Rome and just came here and relaxed and started practising Wednesday. So I feel right where I want to be a few days before the event.”

The Swiss completed a career Grand Slam on Court Philippe Chatrier three years ago, and has established consistency at the second major tournament of the year, reaching the final in five of his past six appearances.

“Obviously 2009 was very, very special winning here,” Federer said. “Just the emotions were ridiculous, and I got amazing crowd support. It was the same again basically last year, which was so nice to see."

“I’m looking forward to it again this year. It would mean a lot to me, because I have had some of those great emotions I was just telling you about. To relive those would be amazing, winning the title here, no doubt.”

Federer, who faces Tobias Kamke in the first round, could clash with Novak Djokovic in the semi-finals.

Date: 27.05.2012, Source: ATP

0 comments:

Post a Comment