Federer's press conference ahead of Basel

Yesterday, Roger Federer met the press to talk about the next tournament in Basel, but not only. Of course they could not miss any questions concerning the closing of the year by the 'King' of the ATP: "I do not know what are the chances that I have to finish the year as number one, is a big mountain to climb, it is no longer only in my hands. Firstly I want to finish the year off with tournaments in Basel, Paris and London. Later we will see how it goes. If you do not manage to finish the year as number one, at least I hope I can win some tournaments. I was surprised at the speed with which I have taken the top spot. I won Wimbledon, the Olympic medal, I would say that I have achieved what I set for myself. I’m glad to feel good. "



A very tiring 2012 when Federer has traveled and played a lot, "I played a lot of games. To do this I had to plan my life alright. I also tried to do a little preparation ahead of the 2013."

"I'm glad I managed to best this season. Madrid From the land of blue to red in Amsterdam, has flown by so quickly, like an express train. I can’t do this every year. I have to say that it is difficult to manage workouts and tournaments together, but need to find a balance. If you train a little and then get in the game might not play your best. It’s what I did in Shanghai. I tried some tactical solutions during workouts. Once in camp I decided to risk some extra ball to see if worked and I've gotten only losing in the semifinals. Of course I knew that attempts could go wrong. I did not play my best tennis but now there's a new tournament, a point of departure. "

On Thursday, Roger Federer visited his tennis school in Biel where he trained in his childhood days.
There are so many memories that bind him in Basel: "I was a ball boy. Unfortunately I've never been in a final since I got injured in the leg. In 1997 I played the qualifiers. It 's always nice to play at home. I remember the game against Andre Agassi, was obviously a match almost impossible for me, but I was happy to be on center. Basel gave me joy and pain. The most difficult time I have lived in the final against Enqvist, I played a good match but he was amazing . When I lost, during the awards ceremony began to see all black in front of me, I thought that I would never won a tournament. in 2006 against Fernando Gonzalez finally was able to realize my dream. "



Although he has reiterated several times that Bercy in his programs, there is still doubt about his participation: "I hope to be able to play three tournaments in three weeks. Certainly after Basel I will think about what to do regarding Bercy. I have to evaluate my form. "

Nothing official on Davis Cup 2013: "I have not any clear program. I have my own idea on Davis but nothing official. I want to play in the coming years so I manage in the long term. I'll try to train a lot."

Date: 20th October 2012, Source: Tennis World

0 comments:

Post a Comment