Gillette Federer Tour Argentina 2012 round-up

After finishing his Gillette Federer Tour exhibition matches in Sao Paulo, Brazil, the tennis legend Roger Federer traveled to Argentina for another couple of exhibition matches with Juan Martin Del Potro.

Here is the picture of Federer standing near Iguassu falls in the border of Brazil and Argentina:




Press Conference before exhibition matches:


"I am very happy to be here. Long ago I wanted to come" said Federer.

"There is no doubt that the fact of playing against Juan Martin has been one of the incentives for my trip. Long ago I had planned this trip, but South America is just around the corner. "

"Normally the Argentines have to travel to see me, but now I traveled to see them"

Replying to a question where he was equated with Messi and Maradona, he said he was glad to be in the lot with them. "I know that athletes are usually seen as superheroes, it's fun, but I'm a normal person, I'm A terrestrial being"

Roger Federer: "Messi and I showed that despite being good guys we can be successful. And, along the way, we can enjoy life more."

He then said that Del Potro could be No. 1 and went on to give him some advice , "I was four, seven, still there is simpler to become number one. We must take into account details, make sacrifices every day of the year and deliver the best. It is a work of 365 days, with practice, rest, adaptation and travel. Trying to be in good mental and physical shape,doing the right things. Juan Martin has a very good team and it can work harder now, is a true professional."

"I consider Roger as my friend." said Del Potro.

Del Potro: "I would like to have Roger as coach." Federer smiling: "I’m a good player but a bad coach."

Cristina Fernández de Kirchner met Roger Federer:


President of Argentina Cristina Fernández de Kirchner met Roger Federer before she leaving for Garín, where she inaugurated a Sinergium Biotech laboratory.

He gifted one of his tennis racket and shirt to Cristina Fernández de Kirchner.

"I met Roger Federer, the cute boy, but he's now 31 & married with two twins, I say that to the girls". said Cristina Fernández de Kirchner.



1st exhibition match: Roger Federer suffered a 6-3, 3-6, 4-6 defeat against Del Potro.

Playing football in Boca Juniors La Bombonera Stadium: "It's a football temple as San Siro in Milan."



2nd exhibition match:


Roger made up for previous defeat against Juan Martin Del Potro, beating the Argentinian 6-4, 7-6 (1) in their second match of the Gillette Federer Tour in Argentina.

Roger will now head to Bogotá, Colombia's capital, where he will play Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the last match of the Gillette Federer Tour through South America.

Date: 14th December 2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment